Pastor’s Ponder – October 2021
As I wrote in a recent letter to the congregation:
It’s that time of year again! It’s fall! Personally, it’s my favorite season. I wait eagerly for the cooler nights and the crisp (breathable) air! Fall brings fun family times and great food and of course, stewardship season in the church!
This year, in addition to our general operating budget, we will begin a two-year capital campaign. We’re calling the new campaign – “Lifted Up!” During the month of October, we will reflect on important questions such as: How does God lift us up? How do we lift up the name of Jesus? How do we lift up one another? How do we lift up our gifts to God?
Our “Lifted Up” campaign will run during the 2022 and 2023 operating years and includes the following goals:
· Build an exterior lift to the front of the church to allow for improved access for people with disabilities and bring us up to ADA standards (Est. $19,000);
· Replace 9 windows in the basement with new energy-efficient, brighter windows; complete a “basement refresh” – fresh paint, new rugs, artwork, redo the “youth room” with game tables – make the space more inviting, user friendly and a possible space for “children’s church” ($5,000);
· Construct a small playground including a fence and replace basketball goal ($3,000);
· Purchase a new computer for the church office and a new laptop to run zoom and/or Facebook Live ($2,000);
· Finish parking lot, filling cracks, assorted outdoor needs ($1,000)
The total amount required to complete the campaign is $30,000. It is a large sum of money (but it is considerably less than our previous campaign of $70,000). We can do this! Actually, God can do this! Our question is - how can we get ready for – and excited about – the future He has planned for us? As your pastor and elected council, we ask you to prayerfully consider supporting Nativity Lutheran Church.
We will be celebrating stewardship all of October. The “Red Door” will be in the sanctuary. The Red Door symbolizes Martin Luther’s nailing of the 95 Theses on the castle church door in 1517 and represents our heritage as Lutheran Christians! Please “nail” your pledge (facing inward) to the door this October. We will dedicate (“lift up”) the offerings upon the door on Sunday, October 31st
From the God whose blessings know no bounds, I thank you.
Pastor Julie and the Council of Nativity Lutheran Church
Copyright © 2022 Nativity Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.